A foodie blog isn’t a foodie blog without a pancake recipe!
Pancakes need not be only a weekend treat! In France crêpes are popular, but take a long time and are not very filling. These pancakes are more similar to the Scottish pancake, are made with a base of oats and protein powder, so they are filling and take a lot less time to make. My kids love them!
Vegan Protein Pancakes
- Frying pan
- 300 ml Unsweetened Almond Milk (or another milk of your choice)
- 25 g Protein powder
- 75 g Gluten-free oats
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil (liquid)
- 1 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- Place all ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture straight away into a jug and leave it to sit for a few minutes so it thickens.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Place two spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan and use the back of the spoon to spread the mixture into a round pancake shape. I cook 2 to 3 pancakes at a time and the mixture should make between 6 and 8 pancakes depending on the size.
- Cook the pancake for around 1 to 2 minutes each side.
- Serve your pancakes with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon, some fresh or frozen berries and a cup of green tea.